All programs of Cook’s School Day Care Inc (home and centre-based locations) are closed effective immediately. It continues to be our expectation that we will resume normal operations on Monday, April 6th, 2020.
We continue to closely monitor all recommendations made by the federal and provincial governments, our local Health Unit, the County of Northumberland and the Ministry of Education. Cook’s will work with all levels of government to contain the spread of COVID-19 and respond to any direction given from authorities.
Health authorities continue to stress taking the same precautions which are recommended every year for cold and influenza season. These include:
- wash hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
For your reference, here are the hotlines that have been set up to help you access up- to-date information, get answers to your questions about COVID-19, and connect with health professionals if needed:
- Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Health Unit 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020 or https://www.hkpr.on.ca/
- Ontario Ministry of Health (416) 235-6556 / 1 (877) 604-4567
- Health Canada 1 (833) 784-7397
- Telehealth Ontario 1 (866) 797-0000
Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Updates will be provided as the situation evolves and factual information is available.