All programs at Cook’s School Day Care Inc (home- and centre-based locations) remain closed.
It is unclear when Cook’s will resume normal operations.
We continue to closely monitor all recommendations made by the federal and provincial governments, our local Health Unit, the County of Northumberland and the Ministry of Education. Cook’s will work with all levels of government to contain the spread of COVID-19 and respond to any direction given from authorities.
Health authorities stress the critical importance of taking the following precautions:
- wash hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- stay home if you are sick
For your reference, here are the hotlines that have been set up to help you access up-to-date information, get answers to your questions about COVID-19, and connect with health professionals if needed.
- Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Health Unit 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020 https://www.hkpr.on.ca/
- Ontario Ministry of Health (416) 235-6556 / 1 (877) 604-4567
- Health Canada 1 (833) 784-7397
- Telehealth Ontario 1 (866) 797-0000
We sincerely hope you are all well and safe.
We extend our good wishes to all children, families and the entire Cook’s community, and we thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times. Updates will be provided as the situation evolves and factual information is available.