County of Northumberland Support
Support for Parents/Guardians
Cook’s School Day Care Inc has a purchase of service agreement with the County of Northumberland that allows eligible families who are enrolled in our programs to receive financial assistance from the County to help pay child care fees.
Support for Educators, Providers and Programs
Northumberland County supports Early Learning & Child Care programs with establishing adequate compensation levels for employees and home child care providers and maintaining quality programs through:
- General Operating Grant
- Wage Enhancement Grant
- Special Purpose Funding to support such initiatives as repairs and maintenance and play-based learning
- Professional development opportunities.
Funding assistance for special projects is available on occasion through the County. There have been funds made available for health & safety projects, transformation costs, and capital projects.
To ensure the most pressing and critical health and safety needs are met in our community, proposals are reviewed based on the following criteria:
1. Health and safety concerns identified as a recommendation by:
- Ministry of Education Program Advisor
- HKPR Health Inspector
- Local Fire Inspector
- CSA Approved Playground Inspector
2. An organization’s financial resources as reported in the most recent audited financial statements.