Our People: Educators, caregivers, staff, and volunteers dedicated to your child’s success.
Your child’s early education and care are supported by:
- An executive director
- Registered early childhood educators
- Assistant educators
- Support staff
- A board of directors, consisting of interested parents and community members.
Our Educators & Care Providers
Cook’s School Day Care Early Childhood Educators:
- Are among the most influential and important members of the community. The education and care that they offer lay the foundation for success in education, and in life.
- Take on this responsibility with confidence, and enjoy the excitement, creativity, and challenge of working with young children.
- Innovate – educating today is challenging, exciting and rewarding with inventive, creative education practices.
- Motivate – enthuse and inspire children. Educate today and help to create tomorrow. Education is more than just a job.
- Educate – help children to learn and develop the skills for an ever-changing world and take the next step in their lives.
- Work with children and families to help them develop the social skills that will form the foundation of their ongoing educational success.
- Have genuine respect for children.
- Have enthusiasm, patience and creativity.
- Have a great sense of humour.
- Understand the need for well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Actively engage with children each day in individual and group programs that are developed to inspire, motivate and stimulate skill development and learning.
Research confirms the importance of quality Early Childhood Education in readying children not just for school, but also for life.
Our career in Early Childhood Education lets us share our love of learning with children as they set out on their educational journey. Early Childhood Education is not your average job. Early Childhood Educators have a vital place in children’s education.
Our Board of Directors
Cook’s School Day Care has well-thought out, established plans, as well as an exciting vision for our future that will help us strengthen and sustain the organization. We are currently seeking enthusiastic, committed and service oriented individuals to serve on our Board of Directors to help us to make those plans a reality. We welcome the opportunity to meet with those interested in our organization; we are particularly seeking new members with the following skills and interests:
- Strategic Planning: Evaluate current activities & participate in future planning for the organization
- Fundraising: Assist with planning, implementing & evaluating fundraising events
- Marketing: Assisting with promotion of the Organization – evaluate current activities & assist with developing new strategies
- Legal professional: Human resources, policies, liability
Please consider joining us in achieving our vision! You are invited to attend one of our upcoming board meetings. If your interest is piqued we can discuss next steps. Meanwhile we encourage you to ask questions and make comments; please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
- Responsibilities of Board Members
- Board Member Job Descriptions
- Board Member Eligibility
- Board Member Application Process
- Board Meeting Agenda Sample (pdf)
- Board Orientation Manual (pdf)
Board of Directors
Sharon Walsh, RECE